On 23 Feb 2004 at 10:14, Brightline wrote:

> I would strongly suspect any chronic pain the shoulder/neck area is
> probably due to PD. Although one can no rule out ther casus such as
> rheumatoid arthritis. Raj ******* ----- Original Message ----- From:
> "John Levin" <[log in to unmask]> To:
> <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 5:11
> AM Subject: Sore neck
>

> > Dear List,
> >
> > My wife has had a very painful neck on and off(mostly on) for
> > approx. 3
> months.
> > Her rheumatologist now says that the problem is that the muscles in
> > her
> neck are
> > moving so much that the joints C2and C3 are not able to get rid of
> inflamation because
> > they are not able to be rested. He suggests using Botox in some of
> > these
> muscles.
> >
> > Has anyone had this problem and have you used botox injections.

Before I would consider using something such as Botox, I would recommend
a good workup for other causes of neck pain.  This would include cervical
disc disease and other primary spine conditions.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555     FAX: 510-849-2557
<http://www.rafink.com/>
"Ex Tristitia Virtus"

Disclaimer:  That which is written in my e-mail is not to be
considered as "medical advice".  Such advice can only be
given after a formal, in-person, consultation between
doctor and patient.