On 21 Feb 2004 at 9:15, Brightline wrote:

> I was given tens treatment for my shoulder pain.
>     I do not know the settings.  I went to physiotherapy and they did
>     it for
> me several years ago, even before I was diagnozed with PD. Again, last
> month, I gave another try.  After one treatment, I experienced more
> pain in the evening.
>     If you recommend any specific settings, I can give another try
>     again. Thank for your concern. Regards. Raj

Put the electrodes in place (you should experiment as to placement).  Turn on
the TENS and, one channel at a time, slowly increase the power until you
*just begin* to feel the "tingle".  Then, back off the power until the tingle
disappears.  Set each channel this way.

Then, wear the device for *8 hours* daily.  Not 7 or 9, but eight.  It doesn't
matter which 8 hours, as long as they are continuous.  Then remove the
device until the same time the following day.  Some patients wear the device
at night, in bed, others during the day, it does not matter as long as you run it
8 continuous hours every day.

See if this helps.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555     FAX: 510-849-2557
<http://www.rafink.com/>
"Ex Tristitia Virtus"

Disclaimer:  That which is written in my e-mail is not to be
considered as "medical advice".  Such advice can only be
given after a formal, in-person, consultation between
doctor and patient.