From: "Laura Heady" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 9:11 AM
Subject: Unity Walk and Appreciation for the List

> Hello all,
>
> My name is Laura and I've been a member of this list for about a year, but
this is my first posting.  My 72-year old mom has had Parkinson's for over 3
years, and this list has been a great source of information, inspiration,
and support to me.  She and my dad (who, at 79, has been an incredible
care-giver, as well as a friend and husband for 48 years) are not
computer-users, so I often print out and mail postings to them.  Thanks to
all for your honest, spirited, and informative communications.

> Thanks also to this listserv, I learned of the Parkinson's Unity Walk, and
am happy to say I'm registered with a goal of raising $1000.  In just a few
short days, I'm almost half-way there.  Signing up for the walk gave me an
opportunity to reach out to friends and colleagues that I rarely discuss PD
with, and the outpouring of support, in addition to generous donations, has
been heartwarming to both me and my parents.  I've also since learned that
two people I work with have had family members with PD -- I may have  never
learned this if I hadn't reached out about the Unity Walk.  My sister
responded immediately by also registering and fundraising, and other family
members and friends want to walk.  I'm hopeful my mom may feel up to it as
well.
> (If you're interested, you can paste the web address below in your browser
to view my personal Unity web page:
> http://www.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=29421&u=29421-16419938&e=62432484.)
>
> Warm wishes to all, and again, my sincere thanks,
>
> Laura
> Rosendale, NY

mailto:[log in to unmask]