For those teaching and researching in Technical Communication,
(or others interested in the field), I'd like to send out an
introduction to the EServer TC Library, a free online library/index of
technical communication research articles and resources. We (the
editorial board) created the TC library after determining how difficult
it can be to find technical communication resources using traditional
databases. We're now inviting you to use it in your research, offer it
as a resource to your colleagues and students, and link to it on your
web pages. The EServer TC Library is located at

    http://tc.eserver.org/

The TC Library indexes over 6,100 public and subscriber-restricted
resources (including peer-reviewed scholarly articles), representing the
work of more than 2,750 authors -- likely including members of CASLL.
It indexes 28 years' worth of writings -- and works in 21 languages.

Our site offers bibliographies for hundreds of subcategories within
technical communication, including research methods, document design,
usability, ethics, project management, interface design, rhetorical
theory, and hundreds of other categories. All resources are evaluated by
community members, giving students and faculty a quick assessment of the
quality of various resources on the site. And the catalogue is growing
at an average rate of 10 new works per day.

The TC Library is physically housed at Iowa State University, but is not
formally affiliated with any one organization. The development of this
library is an independent effort by volunteers.

Please feel free to share this resource with your students and
colleagues, perhaps by forwarding this email. Any faculty member,
student, or department may link to the main page or any subject-specific
page. The link can be provided in course syllabi, assignment sheets, and
other course resources.

For sample code to help link to our site, please visit
http://tc.eserver.org/link_to_us.html -- it includes code for both
simple HTML links as well as code for our more advanced interactive
DHTML and XML features, if you'd be interested in using those.

We hope that the EServer TC Library will prove to be a valuable resource
for you.

Sincerely,

Brenton Faber
EServer TC Library Editorial Board

TC LIBRARY EDITORIAL BOARD          TC LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD
Katherine Durack, Miami U of Ohio   Stephen A. Bernhardt, U Delaware
Angela Eaton, Texas Tech U          Ann Blakeslee, Eastern Michigan
Brenton D. Faber, Clarkson U        Rebecca Burnett, Iowa State U
David Hailey, Utah State U          Saul Carliner, Concordia U
Bill Hart-Davidson, RPI             Sam Dragga, Texas Tech U
Jeffrey Jablonski, UNLV             George F. Hayhoe, Mercer U
Michael Salvo, Purdue U             Dan Riordan, U Wisconsin-Stout
Geoffrey Sauer, Iowa State U        Geoffrey Sauer, Iowa State U
Bill Williamson, U Northern Iowa    --------------------------------