Hi,

Mirapex and Requip, which are dopamine agonists prescribed for PD, are also prescribed for restless legs syndrome.  I've taken both of these drugs for PD, and both worked 100% to relieve restless legs.  I don't use either of them for PD anymore, but I still take 1/2 of a 0.25 mg tablet of Mirapex for RLS, and it takes care of it completely.

She needs to talk with her neurologist--perhaps she might benefit from starting with an agonist instead of going straight to Sinemet. But that's another story--there are disadvantages and advantages to the various medication strategies for newly diagnosed PWPs--people living with Parkinson's.

Good luck,

Charlotte Mancuso