On 2 Mar 2004 at 6:01, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> There is no water involved with the SonicCare......one of our kids
> suggested it to my husband and he bought it as "just a gift, the
> waterpik is getting old the same as we are".... both of us are hooked
> on this new appliance. Never thought I would be bragging about use of
> a "toothbrush".......but most dentists do recommend the SonicCare (it
> was also touted on Oprah's show a few years ago as her favorite gift
> at Christmas......).
>
> Not only helps with things "floss can only reach".....but also helps
> reduce amount of tartar build up.  It takes only 1 or two brushings to
> get used to the "vibration"....and your teeth always feel like you
> have just been to the dentist to have them cleaned.

The Sonicare is an excellent toothbrushing system.  I have used it for years.
It does not, however, substitute for flossing.

If folks have trouble with traditional floss, try the "sword flossers" which are
little plastic devices which had floss stretched across what looks like the hilt
of a sword, and which are easier to use than standard floss.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555     FAX: 510-849-2557
<http://www.rafink.com/>
"Ex Tristitia Virtus"

Disclaimer:  That which is written in my e-mail is not to be
considered as "medical advice".  Such advice can only be
given after a formal, in-person, consultation between
doctor and patient.