Dear Nina,

You've expressed yourself so well and have gotten to the root of the subject
that we have been debating here.  There are many very dedicated, hardworking
people who participate on this List who have used their energies each day in
battling this dread disease.  Whether it is in the form of community support,
political involvement or education, these people are taking action and making a
difference.  It is absurd to suggest that anyone here wakes up in the morning
and thinks to themself..."What can I do today to maligne George W. Bush?"  The
fact that we disagree with policies that our government has set and choose to
express a differing opinion should not label anyone here as trouble makers
who should be quieted and put in their place.  If that were the rule of the
land, Rosa Parks would still be sitting at the back of the bus.

I am very disappointed in the lack of integrity that president Bush has
demonstrated in his handling of the issue of stem cell research.  It seems to me
that he is being disingenuous when he tells the public that he will allow the 60
stem cell lines already developed to be used for research when he has full
knowledge that only a small number of those lines ( 10, maybe 12 at most) can
truly be of any value.  The same holds true of his decision to set up a panel to
evaluate the bio-ethics of stem cell research....He wants the public to
believe that he is being impartial and fair in making a determination about this
issue when in fact, he is handpicking the panel members and stacking it with
"yes men" to suit his agenda.

It appears that president Bush is willing to say what we want to hear in
order to get our votes.  But, is what he is saying really what he is doing?  I
think not.  As President Lincoln so aptly remarked:  "You can fool some of the
people all of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time but
you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

That's my two cents.  Now, I will leave this issue to rest for the present.
But......I will not be intimidated in the future from expressing my opinion
when it comes to matters of government policy that affect my health and
well-being.

Dee