One of the worlds greatest economists, who was afflicted with sever
schizophrenia his whole life, won the Nobel prize after he proved the theory
that working together as a team, even though the individuals on the team all
had different agendas and beliefs, each individual had an increased chance
of achieving their personal goals.  Think of what that means!  It means that
every time you exclude someone you decrease your chance of attaining your
goals even if your goals were not the same as the other persons.  It means
we have greater chance of finding a cure when we can all work together.  It
means every insult you throw at your team members reduces your chance of
achieving your goals.  It means our team wins when we all try to win
together.   It means you increase your chances of attaining your goals even
if you believe they may be different from the goals of others.  It means
their success does not mean your loss.

I need help.  I need hope.  I need guidance on dealing with this terrible
disease.

I don't need political opinions.
I don't need religious views.
I don't want to see people I care about and respect insulted.
I don't want to see anyone's religious, political and personal views
depicted as evil.

I will seek the help and understanding of all here.
I will provide the same to all regardless of their political or religious
beliefs.

By the way I am not of the religious right, I even believe in Gay Marriage,
I even sometimes question if there really is a God, but I would never
disrespect peoples beliefs because they were different than mine.  Different
does not make their beliefs a "Snake pit."  I also can't imagine I am right
all the time.  I also value differing respectful opinions.  I learn from
them.  I don't see myself as the center of the universe just a person
borrowing some cosmic particles for a brief period.  I don't have all the
answers but will be on a constant quest for a few of them.  While on that
quest I will do my best not to hurt anyone.  I believe there are answers to
how we can best do research and respect life.  We have just not found them
yet and I don't think we will find them alone.

The struggle with life, when it begins, the value of life, the worthiness of
ones deeply held personal beliefs are all very difficult subjects.  We all
struggle with these every day.  There are just no easy answers.  Politics
are how we reach consensus and move forward.  Political rebirth should be
centered how we can all move forward not how we can divide people into those
who are in the "Snake pit" and those who are worthy to walk buy our side.
This country is based on inclusion not exclusion and division.

This board should be focused on help, hope and guidance for all people
effected by this terrible disease.  Political rebirth that excludes, insults
and denigrates anyone does not further that cause.  I hope everyone
considers this before they post obviously insulting and denigrating
comments.  I am not asking for censorship just some common sense and
sensitivity and compassion regarding others deeply held feelings and beliefs
regardless of whether we agree or not.  I hope everyone responds to those
who insult, call names, and denigrate others, by offering love hope and
understanding as a substitute for their lasing out.  I hope all find the
inner peace and balance in life that is needed.   We have the greatest
chance of achieving that goal by working as a team.

With respect and love for all...

Frank