Recently, there seem to have been some new people posting.
First, I support stem cell research strongly.
I do have a concern. That is there is a lot of misinformation about what
exactly this research is. It is complicated and difficult to explain.
Perhaps some one----in a simple way as possible could do this---invitro
fertilization, etc.
Now that I think of it  might not be a bad idea to have  a referral list for
basic info.
Maybe there already is such a list.Needless to say, I certainly do not want
to reinvent the wheel.

In one of the recent postings it was stated there are a lot of diseases
needing funding.How true.More than once the scientific community has stated
that PD of all the diseases has the best chance of a cure .That in turn
would result in other diseases being cured--diabetes i.e.

Not too long ago PD was one of the least funded of all diseases. Because of
PAN and grassroots efforts this is no longer true.However. it is not
enough.Moines promised are not available.On basic info let's be informed so
we can make a difference.

An antidote ( adding to Nina's posting) about Sen. Hatch.When I was a t a
PAN FORUM I had a few moments to spare. I was near Sen.Hatch's office and
decided to drop in and leave my thanks . I explained that I was not from his
state and that I was at a PAN FORUM. One of his legal aides heard the
conversation and said how the Senator had.
 gathered his whole staff and explained the process he had used to change
his position to supporting stem cell research. He said," it was one of  the
senator's greatest moments"

Lorraine Jeffe