>     We (as a population dealing with a chronic disease)
> have the right to expect our health care to be equal to that of members of
> Congress whose
> health insurance is paid for by the workers and citizens of this country
and
> to which, as I understand it,
> they do not contribute.

Edith, I absolutely agree that Congress has over-charged the public for
their personal healthcare and retirement.  I would fight for the other side
of the argument - I want Congress to have the same retirement package as the
rest of us.  Once they have to deal with Medicare and Social Security, I
would bet that Senators and Congressman  would work very hard indeed to make
sure that Social Security remains solvent and the Medicare offers the right
mix of services.  How we can get that to happen is another issue.
God bless
Mary Ann