Yes, there are avenues of action we can take thru our local
representitives, as
this is a Republic, a representative form of govt, not a dictatorship.
The US simply
does not have the resources to buy everything that everyone wants.  When our
gov't spends money, that money is OUR money....and they spend tooooooo
much of it as it is.  There are Advocates for everything, and if all
advocates got
their way, we would be flat broke, and have nothing.
Jeff Bayard
Help Fund the Cure!
http://www.dialforacure.com