Hi, folks,

I'm a brand new subscriber, but I may not be a subscriber for long.  Is
this list about Parkinson's *support*?  Does this kind of antagonism and
political posturing go on very often, very long at a time?  Can't help but
wonder that such venting of anger, working ones-self up to heights of anger
would be considered good self-care for Parkinson's patients and to be
encouraged.

Which is not to say that venting feelings and arguing politics can't be
helpful from time to time, but I'd read somewhere that stress was not a
good environment for PD folks to live in.  So I wonder, in a group designed
to be encouraging and supportive to people in their PD progressions, are
these topics helpful, and could they stop, please?

My brother has been dx'd with PD, and though he won't talk with me much
about it (we're long distance), it seems things are progressing more
rapidly than anticipated.  I need to hear about PD, not about politics,
fights and in-fighting.  Please?

jo harper
mailto:[log in to unmask]