"There you go again", was a frequent humorous reply of President Ronald
Reagan to his critics. I must say again and again to those who would like to
turn Parkinsn into a debate society, ethics society, or a political debate, that
is not what Parkinsn is about.

In the grand scheme of things American politics do not interest 98% of the
world who subscribe to this list. Vets who may be held in esteem by their
countrymen have no extra standing when viewed by the world.

The one thing that bonds this disparate lot together is the insideous
DISease Parkinson's and other neurological conditions and our quest for a
cure and support for one another along our pathway of life.

Our organizations as well as our doctors lump us as ADVOCATES. They only
need us to help their own needs. The Parkinsn list 11 years ago was
envisioned as a place where information could be shared unfettered around
the world where none existed before. Barbara Patterson had this dream and
acted on it. This "NEW" medium, email let the genie out of the box.

Acknowledging that we are more advanced than cattle, we had questions about
our conditions that weren't being addressed by our doctors and organizations,
we formed this SUPPORT group.

Let us not forget that nastiness with one another is not a symptom of
Parkinson's and we were not cleansed of it when we were diagnosed.

With that thought in mind, Barbara Patterson, myself and several others, did
some thinking what Parkinsn was, is and what it was designed to convey. The
Parkinsn Guidelines/Charter was the result. As owners, to the best of our
ability, we attempt to measure any complaint against our document of Ideals.

I could name names of transgressors but that is not our way, but to admonish
in private, but please read and understand the Parkinsn Guidelines/Charter.

http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/parkinsn.html

John Cottingham
co-owner Parkinsn