This is exactly what happens when politics is introduced on the list.
You have
pro and con on both sides, and I have seen Bush slammed more times than
I can count by "editorializing" here on this list.  Now, when folks
point to Kerry,
since they are running "against" each other, all hell will break loose,
both on
mainstream programming on the news you and I see every day, and on this
list.

This list will self destruct if political and religious
 arguments/debate/editorialization is allowed. We must get a handle on
this _*NOW,*_
since there is 8 months left before the next election.  I joined the
list because
of its members, and it was virtually absent of politics and other issues
that
divide and cause heated unhealthy arguments.

 From the VERY BEGIINNING, on this list, I have been very open on
saying that this was NOT the place to post political view points.

The only person that has been very good at posting relevant PD articles here
on this list that points to shortcomings of the current administration
is Murray.
Everyone else (including myself, albeit very restrained), has had to put in
 a slam, slant, or self-prescribed editorial.

Murray  posts the article in entirety, WITHOUT editorial comments common to
other folks that post.  This is very commendable on Murrays part. I
cannot tell
you how valuable this type of posting is, and if everyone followed Murray's
example, we would all be better for it.

We really truly need to use constraint, and keep this list as it once was.
I sincerely fear that we are going down a bad path here, as you can see
by the current threads.

If you actually count the negative slams against the current administrations
and then count the negative ones on the current competitior for the same
office, you will see that the Bush Slams far out number the Kerry
Slams.......

I say we DON"T SLAM anyone, but post relevant aritcles so folks can
write their local represenatives.

My two cents:
Jeff Bayard.