Yes, Dave, we do have a double standard here

In one of Murray's posts I  just read stem cell research might become a
campaign issue.  I hope so.  Kerry has the strongest record of anybody on
supporting this.

All the legislation proposed so far bans reproductive cloning, so I am not
killing my delayed identical twin..  I still don't hear any opposition to
fertility clinics and all those extra embryos.  I'm too old to benefit and the brain
is too complicated.  All the more reason to encourage the research so future
generations will not suffer so much.

My skin cells and my niece's extra unfertilized egg are not a person, I don't
think.

Ray