This is from one of Murray's posts:    - don't blame him, please

"Dr. Melton's passion is kindled, in part, by his two children with diabetes,
where stem-cell research holds enormous promise. The Bush policy, he adds, is
having a "chilling effect on the field."

I don't personally think I will live long enough to benefit from a cure that
would certainly in the long un be a lot cheaper than our present health care
system.  This seems like such a no-brainer and rush back to the Middle Ages.
Again, whose life do I take with SCNT- an unfertilized egg and my own DNA?

Also, why  do so many anti-SCNTers not oppose fertility clinics?  I had an
email argument once with an anti-abortionist who thought  every in vitro embryo
became a person.  He did know that fetal cell research had been involved in
the development of vaccines for childhood diseases, so he  didn't have his kids
vaccinated.

As a teacher I was very respectful of  my student's views; Unfortunately, I
have a lot less patience with adults., I feel like they should be able to take
the heat.   Also our debates in my classes were not re personal life and death
issues.

Ray