Hi!
I recently saw the following quote on another list:

"Happily, research in western medicine in the last three years has
confirmed our hypothesis, first published in 1998, that substantia
nigra cells in people with idiopathic Parkinson's disease are not
dead, but are merely dormant. These dormant cells are different from
the substantia nigra cell condition in drug- or toxin-induced
parkinsonism (small "p") in which the cells have actually been
killed. "

Is anyone familiar with this research? How can they tell if the
Parkinson's is toxin induced or idiopathic, when from what I understand,
we are not even sure what causes Parkinson's?

Thanks!

Wendy