A respectful an thoughtful answer Faisal.  I'm not a biblical scholar so I
could not quote the passage or point out where in the bible Christians
believe this happens.  Perhaps it's because the Bible is a bit older and
science was more advanced when Islam and Mohammed arrived.  By the way that
was not meant to be disrespectful toward Islam just an observation.

Now let's your point and assume it is true just for the sake of discussion.
I have said before I don't know what is true and would rather error on the
side of life.  If you ask a doctor today how many months it has been since
conception they could only guess.  In a matter so important one would not
want make a mistake by a day.  So how do you know when you are taking such a
permanent step?  From what you have said one could reason that aborting a
fetus 4 months and one day old would be considered a sin in Islam and
aborting one a day before would not be.  This is the heart of the, quandary
knowing for sure where that line is.  From what you have said there would be
no doubt Mohammed would have said a 10 day old embryo did not have a soul
and at the same time an 8 month term baby would.  I don't think Christianity
is that precise nor do I think Jewish teachings are either.  It seams to me
that Jewdao Christian teachings rely more on the interpretations of their
leaders of the day vs. precise language in the Bible, Old or New testament.
Once again I don't know as I am not a Biblical scholar.

Now let's take that scenario even further.  Assume we are working with
fertilized eggs from a fertility clinic.  Those have grown into embryos but
have not yet been implanted.  They are frozen and science has perfected a
way to unthaw them and yet preserve their ability to continue growth.  Once
the embryos reach 4 months old does the embryo have a soul?  Science sure
has a way of making simple statements taken from respected religious
teachings very complicated.

Any time you start mixing science and statistics with religion there will be
passionate discussions.  I don't have the answers I'm searching.  It seems
to me that younger religions may be a bit more precise in their declarations
associated with science than older religions.

I do appreciate your non judgmental response.  Information like this is food
for thought.  Had Mohammed been able to comprehend the advances of science
today I am sure he would have sought inspiration and offered guidance.  I am
not sure I would even attempt to think what his guidance would have been.
That would be a mistake on my part.

Regards

Frank