Murray's and Linda's posts are very appropriate and informative.  I read
them as many others do. I never call into question the actions or postings
of Murray or Linda.  They present them without editorial postings and
disrespectful comments regarding beliefs or politics of others.

They do not add their own political comments questioning our presidents
capabilities and motives.  They do not lump people with different beliefs
into a group you referred to as "taking us back to the middle ages."  It is
comments like that I find that offensive as many others do and they reduce
the effectiveness of this list a source of information and support.  This is
a multinational list and the dominance of US politics and the interjection
of political commentary is sure to alienate, offend and divide this list.

A posting on this board dated Feb 28th, 2004 had the subject line. "FW: Bush
has declared war on the majority of American citizens"  this was followed by
the first line of the post which was "President Bush has declared war on the
health and well-being of all
Americans!"  That was followed by additional political commentary and
ramblings and additional negative characterization of the president.  That
was then followed by an article commenting on some appointment the president
made to a bioethics panel.

THAT POSTING WAS ALL IT TOOK TO EVOKE A CALL TO ARMS AGAINST PRESIDENT BUSH
AND ALSO EVOKE AND UNDERSTANDABLE DEFENSE AGAINST THSI TYPE OF POLITICAL
POSTING.

Following that posting I immediately responded and asked for a return to the
purpose of this board and for people to please refrain from posting
outrageous political comments.  Following this.  There were additional
comments.   Here are a few:
"here it is clear that THIS person, (Bush) regardless of party affiliation,
is an enemy and a threat to our lives and must be opposed. Thanks for having
the guts to say it. (posted Feb 29th)
"Thank God it is a democracy. And you should know what to do in Nov4
election." (posted Feb29th)
"I just sent this on to my Mormon cousin who opposes stem cell research.
Her son died of cystic fibrosis and he rejected the LDS church.  But God
apparently told her something different than he did Orrin Hatch, Mormon Utah
senator who supports it."  (posted Feb 29th)
"Can someone tell me why it's wrong to lie about getting a blowjob (or a
thousand) -- who cares?  (Please note:  I was very upset that Clinton lied
to his
wife and his country).  And why is it OK, all right, totally cool to lie to
the American people, the service men and women AND their parents, etc, etc,
ad
nauseum about the reasons for going to war?   And now, in case you haven't
heard, we are apparently going to Haiti.  Lovely." (posted Feb 29th)
"The most sinister aspect of the Bush administration is that he "Speaketh
with forked tongue." (posted Feb 29th)

AT THIS POINT SEVERAL MEMBERS POSTED THAT WE SHOULD REFRAIN FROM THESE TYPE
OF COMMENTS AND RETURN TO THE MISSION OF THIS BOARD.  NONE OF THESE POSTINGS
WERE MADE IN A NEGATIVE FASHION.  THEY CALLED FOR A RETURN TO THE MISSION
AND TOPIC.  HERE IS WHAT FOLLOWED:

"here is a litle line i heard lately. Clinton lied and Hillery cried George
W lied and People Died" (posted March 1)
"But now scientists are telling us there may be hope through stem cell
research for those who suffer from incurable disreases and our President
either
because of ignorance or wanting to cater to his right wing base is opposing
it. There is no excuse for these kinds of medieval actions.  Shame on him.
I'd
like to see how this former party boy, Johnny-come-lately to Jesus would do
withPD." (posted March 1)
"I will take a beating too, but remember  Bush has no brain." (posted March
1)
"If they have their way, even if there is a stem-cell based cure is
developed in a foreign country, if any of the Americans get stem cell
therapy, they will be subjected to criminal action when they return to
America! "Bush has declared war on the majority of American citizens!" is an
understatement.  They are working against the well being of humanity at
large, both the present and the future generations!"  (posted March 1)
"I am with you.  I am mad as hell with Bush."  (posted March 2)

AT THIS POINT THOSE WHO SUGGESTED WE GET BACK ON TOPIC AND REFRAIN FROM
POLITICAL COMMENTARY WERE ATTACKED AS BEING AGAISNT FREE SPEACH.
"well said......and agree with you 100 percent no individual should be
patronized and censored for expressing relevant political
opinion/knowledge/feelings.... related to finding a cure for this horrendous
disease.  Let's not be blind.... it's a real political battle... continue to
speak your heart and mind.. your heard....and I thank you" (posted March 2)
"...  my memory re Bush's actions is long like his lies,  and I'm really
hoping  I live long e enough to vote for Kerry." (posted March 3)
"II agree  with ... re role of govt.  It takes the big bucks of the
government to really wage war on incurable diseases.  Those $ are going to
Iraq and
this monumental deficit. (how did that happen?)" (posted March 3)

IT WENT DOWN FROM THERE DETERIORATING INTO US CAMPAIGN 2004.

Once again I will call for all to refrain from posting political commentary
here.  It will enflame and will understandably evoke response.  I provided
this listing of comments so that people could once again realizes the
difference between posting relevant information in the manner that Murray
and Lind do and the enflaming political spin and commentary that people
sometimes post here.

Let's please just end this.

Love and respect for all

Frank

We can reach that understanding when we have open discussions on topic
without introducing politics.  When one person introduces politics another
feels compelled to respond in kind.  This leads to escalation and dilution
of the effectiveness of this board.