The heart of the Pro SCNT argument is that the egg is never implanted in a
womb but rather cultured outside of the womb and is not intended for cloning
human life.  This is a simple and quick answer.

The heart of the Anti SCNT argument is that the egg is the first step in
full grown human life and from the first step it represents human life.  We
all know that an "Untampered" egg and a "Untampered" sperm are not life but
the potential.  A baby being born is the final step in creating viable life
outside the womb.  At some point life in the womb is not viable outside but
many still consider it humane life.  The exact point at which the egg, once
it starts to grow, becomes human life is what people are questioning.  Those
that are not sure have legitimate human dilemmas regarding this research.
If the egg starts to reproduce through some tampering and is cultivated
(encouraged to grow) in a dish vs. a womb it does not make it less human in
many peoples eyes.  This is the heart of the dilemma.  If you could imagine
for a moment that the same tampered egg were transplanted into an artificial
womb there would remain the potential the egg could grow into a human clone
of the donor of the nucleic material.

Those in favor of this valuable research would like to paint it very simply
as a "no brainer."  They also like to paint hose opposed as sending us back
to the Middle Ages.  It is a very simplistic view of the world.  There is no
way thoughtful process and intellectual debate regarding very complex moral
issues takes us backward.  Quite the contrary it helps us move to a higher
plateau.

The question was posed "whose life do I take with... an unfertilized egg and
my own DNA?"

Part one answer... unfertilized eggs do not reproduce.

Part two answer... perhaps you take the life of your identical twin.

I for one am a thinker and find quick simple answers to complex problems a
bit to convenient and self serving.  I don't know the answer but for the
time I would rather error on the side of believing I am not creating a human
life to be sacrificed to make mine more comfortable.  There are answers out
there.  Those that have the sense to recognize that complex problems usually
require much thought and are willing to devote themselves to finding the
answers are the people I most admire.

Regards to all and respect for all

Frank