AT every support group I have ever spoken, I always ask "Has your desire for
sweets increase since you were diagnosed with PD", guess what the answer is:
99% say yes.  My husband who was lucky enough to be diagnosed at 46, never
liked sweets, now if I buy 6 doughnuts and I don't have time to eat one, they are
gone.  I attribute it to the lack of dopamine in the brain, check this out
yourself, if you are in a support group. Also, after reading Dr. Robert's book on
sweeteners, have tried to keep large amounts of diet soda out of his hands
for years, he's now 64 and still hanging in there, sometimes by his thumbs, but
still hanging.
Gerry