What a great job the team did last week raising critical funds for research!

If anyone needs forms to collect offline and send in via mail to the Unity
Walk please email me at HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]"[log in to unmask]

Meeting place: We will meet near the band shell starting around 10am. Look
for the YOPA banner.

As far as hotels, the Mayflower is  full but I managed to find a room at The
Wellington (HYPERLINK
"http://www.wellingtonhotel.com"www.wellingtonhotel.com).

Because of  some situations beyond our control, the Mayflower is sold out of
$159.00 rooms. The price is now $239. For those of you who do not have rooms
yet my secondary recommendation, based on quality proximity and price would
be  THE MAJESTIC or the Wellington. It is on the list of  hotels for YOPA
Hotels.com. Links again are listed below. I cannot stress enough how
important it is that you make reservations, hotels are going fast and prices
are rising as rooms are booked. Once you have booked your rooms, please
E-mail Tom Berdine, and let him know where you are staying so we may contact
you if necessary.

HYPERLINK
"http://www.hotels.com/promotion.jsp?id=1763"http://www.hotels.com/promotion
jsp?id=1763
HYPERLINK
"http://www.hotels.com/promotion.jsp?id=2459"http://www.hotels.com/promotion
jsp?id=2459

The team dinner Saturday is at Carmines. Please let Carrie Dean know -
HYPERLINK "mailto:[log in to unmask]"[log in to unmask]  as soon as possible
if you will be attending.

We need each registered "walker" to email shirt sizes to HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]"[log in to unmask] Jim will be posting the shirt
design on HYPERLINK "http://www.yopa.org"www.yopa.org whem done. All team
member names will be on the reverse.

To join team: HYPERLINK
"https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=29421&lis=1&kn
tae29421=4676955DE1874B999F43CCA2C0508A56&supId=0&team=136467"https://www.ki
ntera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=29421&lis=1&kntae29421=467695
5DE1874B999F43CCA2C0508A56&supId=0&team=136467

Keep in mind that people do not have to donate online, email Tom (HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]"[log in to unmask]) for  a printable form that
you can use to take to work or around  your neighborhood. You then mail your
collection to the address provided on the form.

I see many of us have -0- collected so far. That is fine, we mainly want you
to come and have fun. Keep in mind that in order to get the Unity Walk sihrt
you must collect $70.  The YOPA shirt will be FREE.

Last year we raised over $30,000 for research. Not bad for our first time.
It really made the larger organizations recognize us.

So lets get rolling and raise some money for research. Send your walk link
to all your family, friends, and co-workers. Contact your local paper for
help! Ask for donations from local buisnesses!

Remember: TOGETHER WE WILL WIN!

Tom Berdine
President
Young Onset Parkinson's Association (YOPA)
PO Box 50936
Albuquerque, NM 87181
Phone: 505-275-YOPA
Fax: 505-275-YOPA
Website: HYPERLINK "http://www.yopa.org"www.yopa.org

*Tom was diagnosed in 2000 at the age of 33 while in the US Air Force. He
was medically retired. He is now 37 and is an active Parkinson's advocate.
He works full time for the Department of Energy as well as being a board
member of the Young Onset Parkinson's Association.

---