Ken,
I can not say directly regarding the intake of protein and the use of
Mirapex, such as the intake of protein and its effects on levadopa.
However, I feel compelled to mention that the use of Mirapex should be
done with caution and with someone "watching" for you.  I say this
because my wife has been on Mirapex since 2/22/2000 and we have recently
learned that Mirapex can (but does not always in all people) cause
obsessive-compullsive behavior.  These could manifest in eating,
shopping, and/or sexual, in any combination.  There is a class action
being started in the United States regarding these types of effects from
Mirapex and what they have done in the lives of people and their families.

By the time we realized what was happening, we were in a situation we
could not get out of without help from our attorney.  Things are coming
to a resolution, but it has and continues to be a struggle.  My wife
(and I)  believe that the Mirapex is doing a great job in helping to
control her Parkinson's symptoms.  She does not wish to be totally
dependent on Levadopa alone at this time in her life.  We have 2 boys
ages 11 and 17.  I have Multiple Sclerosis and was diagnosed first in
1/81 and became totally disabled in 10/96.  My wife, with her PD, still
holds down a full time job and has time for her parents, both now in
their eighties, and our little family.

I do not tell you these things we have experienced and are learning
about Mirapex to scare you or cause you to change you course of
treatment, but to let you know some information which you may not as yet
know.  And before you would need to find a way to get out of the
possible effects of Mirapex.

Sometimes doctors don't tell us some things, because they think that if
we know them, we would cause them to happen by thinking about the
possible bad effects.  My thoughts are that the more information I have
in advance, the better prepared I am to deal with things as they may
come up.  That way, IF they happen, I'm more ready for them and IF they
don't happen, I am informed that they COULD happen, but don't have to
worry about them, just be prepared in case they do come along.

I hope this helps.
George (husband/caregiver of Retha 44/46/51)  72927