Thank you, Murray, for providing this interesting article on stem cell
research from LifeSiteNews.com.

These people, apparently, stand for the proposition that if you repeat a lie
often enough, people will start to believe it.  First of all, the article
reports on Geron's application to the FDA for permission to use embryonic
stem cells.  However, the cited articles purport to talk about fetal (not
embryonic) stem cell research.

A quick glance at the underlying article in the NEJM indicates that it had
absolutely nothing to do with stem cell research (embryonic or fetal) at
all.  It reports on a study (funded by the American government) concerning
transplantation of embryonic neurons, not stem cells.  Furthermore, it
indicates that the group under age 60 that actually received the
transplanted cells fared significantly better than the the group that
received only a sham surgery.  No mention is made of any "catastrophic" or
"horrific" results.  The article clearly indicates results that would call
for additional research.

There are legitimate arguments to be made both for and against embryonic
stem cell research.  However, distributing articles by liars that purposely
fabricate information does nothing to advance our knowledge of anything.

Gary