K.F.wrote:

"The ethics of the use or culturing of stem cells is hardly related to
abortion or the freedom to choose."

I couldn't agree more with this statement and have tried to make this point
in every letter I've written to the paper,  but just read today how new law
just passed will protect  fetuses by defining beginning of life as conception and
will thereby affect stem cell research.

Abortion has nothing to do with stem cell research, or SCNT therapeutic
cloning,  but anti-abortionists claim these kinds of research do amount to killing
babies. What about all those thousands of extra embryos in in vitro clinics?
Is Snowflakes" going to find  uteruses  to adopt all of them?

It is my thought that if an embryo has a SS# and voting rights Roe v. Wade
can more easily be overturned.  Making abortion illegal probably won't affect
us, (altho fetal tissue has been used to develop vaccines) but stem cell
research does , and it is having a hard time gaining legitimacy and support because
ant-abortionists want to push personhood back as far as possible.  They haven't
been called the "kotex police" for nothing.

Ray