> Abortion has nothing to do with stem cell research, or SCNT therapeutic
> cloning,  but anti-abortionists claim these kinds of research do amount to
> killing babies. What about all those thousands of extra embryos in in vitro
> clinics? Is Snowflakes" going to find  uteruses  to adopt all of them?
>
> It is my thought that if an embryo has a SS# and voting rights Roe v. Wade
> can more easily be overturned.  Making abortion illegal probably won't
> affect us, (altho fetal tissue has been used to develop vaccines) but stem
> cell research does , and it is having a hard time gaining legitimacy and
> support because ant-abortionists want to push personhood back as far as
> possible.  They haven't been called the "kotex police" for nothing.

Stem cells are taken from a very young embryo ( about 5 days old.) A fetus is
usually called that when it differentiates. Before that, all vertebrate
embryos are similar (  dogs , horses, apes , humans, etchave a similar
embryo). It is only later that the embryo can only develop into a human and
is called a fetus.

Maryse cg John 75,15