In a message dated 3/28/04 2:01:31 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< A non-scientific method pushed by chiropractors for all kinds of
illnesses. >>

Actually, craniosacral therapy was not pushed on me by a chiropractor, or
anyone else for that matter. I attended a demo, which I approached with a lot of
skepticism, and to  my surprise it was quite powerful and helpful. I've been
doing it about once a week ever since. I may start a session with rigidity and
tremor in full swing and by mid-session I am completely relaxed, in a state
that could be described as something like meditation. Nothing else affords me
the same degree of relaxation and I find it very therapeutic.

This is not massage. You lie on a table on your back, fully clothed, and the
practitioner gently holds and applies light pressure to the base of the skull,
or, as I understand it, at times to the feet. I believe the idea is to free
the flow of cerbrospinal fluid and unwind tensions in the body. It is related
to the Alexander technique, which is well known and documented. It is sometimes
called "energy healing" and in fact I do at times feel a flow of energy
around my skull and through my body.

If this sounds flaky, I can only reiterate that when I first encountered it I
thought so too. It's gentle and noninvasive and if it doesn't work for you,
then you don't continue to do it. No harm done.

Kathleen