A note for people coming from the east.

I tried Yahoo for directions, and it gave me an interesting shortcut --
leaving Hwy 1 at Chase and snaking along the north shore of Shuswap
Lake.  When you pump up the resolution, the nice purple line proves to
go through the Sahhaltkum Reserve  along a tangle of switchbacks and
forks which all come up on Yahoo as "unnamed road."  Road quality
unspecified.

Having read the original version of National Lampoon's Vacation -- not
the dumbed-down Chevy Chase version but the original John Hughes story
-- I think I'll take the coward's way out and come in by the front door
through Kamloops.

See you all there!

Doug

--