That's just wonderful.  I've heard anecdotally that some profs have been
restricting their assignments more and more because of their dread of
plagiarism, and I'm not really surprised that some are eliminating
take-homes altogether.  I doubt very much that this is a purely Canadian
phenomenon.  Neither, I suspect, is the stop-em-at-the-gates theory of
testing, though maybe our less egalitarian tradition makes it easier to
justify this.

I've always thought that fear of plagiarism really goes too far when it
starts preventing people from doing what's right for their students..

I'd like to know if anyone heard Graff on literacy tests on welfare.  I
missed this presentation.

--
Dr. Doug Brent
Associate Dean (Academic)