Inkshedders All:

Doug's note below could, in fact, relate to people coming from the southwest (i.e., Vancouver) as well.  Thousands of visitors annually are able to find Sun Peaks, so I'm sure Inkshedders should have no problem--unless they try shortcuts.  The resort of Sun Peaks is lobbying hard for Doug's route to be built from Chase, but as yet the resort hasn't been successful.  I'm not sure whether a few lost Inkshedders would help the resort politically.  But I'd strongly suggest that people driving from the east refrain from the Brent attempt at a political statement.  Doug's right:  going through Kamloops is far easier.

And those coming from the south or west (or east) can simply follow the signs to Sun Peaks (via Highway 5).  To get through Kamloops, simply follow the signs toward Jasper, and then cut right onto the Sun Peaks road when you see the sign (about 15 minutes north of Kamloops).  We've all found our way to various out-of-town venues before.  I'm sure this will be just as easy--or easier--than finding our way to a Kananaskis dude ranch beside the upper reaches of the Bow River.

See you all here.

Henry Hubert

Henry A. Hubert, Ph.D.
Dean of Arts
University College of the Cariboo
P.O. Box 3010
Kamloops, B. C.         V2C 1M2

Telephone:    (250) 828-5236
Fax:                (250) 371-5510
E-mail:            [log in to unmask]

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/05/04 12:31pm >>>
A note for people coming from the east.

I tried Yahoo for directions, and it gave me an interesting shortcut --
leaving Hwy 1 at Chase and snaking along the north shore of Shuswap
Lake.  When you pump up the resolution, the nice purple line proves to
go through the Sahhaltkum Reserve  along a tangle of switchbacks and
forks which all come up on Yahoo as "unnamed road."  Road quality
unspecified.

Having read the original version of National Lampoon's Vacation -- not
the dumbed-down Chevy Chase version but the original John Hughes story
-- I think I'll take the coward's way out and come in by the front door
through Kamloops.

See you all there!

Doug

--