Tues. Mar 31st. 2004 at the 10th. Annual Parkinson's Action Network Forum...

Murray is snoozin' 'n writin'....

My brain awoke this morning and thought aloud...

"Today I go to ask the politicians to support research"

"Maybe today, in some small way, I will help SOLVE Parkinson's!"

"Well DUH!  Why is it always about you, Brain??" my right and left foot chorussed back...

"We're more important than you... If something isn't done about our dystonia, you're never going to make it to Capitol
Hill!!"

My shaky right arm chimed in with "I'm the most important one here, if I don't feed you meds and breakfast, we're going
nowhere..."

My equally shaky left arm muttered... "Boy, Oh Boy! It's times like this I'd sacrifice that right arm to be
ambidextrous!"

"Time out, TIME OUT!" my brain shouted...

"Before we savage and attack and sacrifice each other, we better start getting along"

"Let's agree to ALL do our share...  right arm, please get THOSE MEDS!  left arm, please get the glass of WATER!  feet,
please get me in the SHOWER, then take me to Capitol Hill!"

"Oh! Me?  ... I'll pray that I remember everything, then my right hand can shake hands, my left hand can deliver a
paper, accept a business card, and feet?...   I pray my feet can take me through the day!"

With TEAMWORK we made it to Capitol Hill...

With TEAMWORK, we can ALL do our part to SOLVE Parkinson's!

cheers ... murray

* * *