Barton Conrad wrote:

"Great News! Thank you, Gail."

Yep Murray not only got the Award... but they have named the
 award after him ! WOW !... and well deserved !

Well Barton, as Gerry Hines wrote... we will be reporting back more
but for now we are just TOTALLY exhaused... and she and I [who had
never met before] don't even have Parkinson's [our family member does]!

We have been at the PAN Forum in Washington, DC for 4 days of
the most packed scientific updates, educational briefing, legislative /
advocacy cram course you could imagine culminating in a day of
marching on Capitol Hill  at our pre-arranged appointments with
our two state Senators and our home district's Representatives.

It wasn't all work. We got to meet each other, get and give hugs to
grassroots advocates on this list and from across America ... some
we've been emailing and telephoning for years but some who we
have never met face to face like my dear cyber brother Murray and
his wife Brenda.

I had the opportunity to pick Murray and Brenda up at National
Airport on Sat. morning after they had flown all night from Vancouver,
British Columbia on the extreme West Coast to Artington, Virginia on
the extreme East Coast. They were just in time to see the spectacular
display of Cherry Blossoms along the Potomac River Basin in
Washington, DC and to get a glimpse of the Smithsonian's Annual
Kite Festival on the Mall. Our Capital city was in full bloom but with
mega security every where we went.

We were a team of aprox 200 PD adcocates that did the business of
telling our stories, asking for legislative support for 10% increase in NIH
funding, Udall Centers complete funding, NETRP funding and asking
them to oppose a ban on somatic cell nuclear transfer [SCNT] research
and to sign on to their respective Parkinson Caucus groups to keep them
informed of the most current info and bills before Congress.

As Gerry said... more later...

It was a fantastic adventure that recharged our determination to push for
research to find a Cure for Parkinson's in time to help all those on
this list
and around the world !

Hugs to you all,
Gail Vass

PS. I have photos of the forum and the Award dinner [in jpeg] but
don't know how to share them except on a one to one if you email
me and ask.  Maybe Art Hirsch can advise me !