I think the question of what to do with the leftover embryos in clinics
is a good example of not thinking things through before doing them.
There IS an ethical issue about how to handle these embryos - that is
why many couples are on the fence, making NO decision. They don't want
any more kids, but they don't feel comfortable destroying the embryo(s).

I believe that we have in vitro clinics because people ignored these
issues in favor of obtaining what they WANTED, the thought (if they
thought about it at all) was probably that they would deal with that
decision when the time came (act now, ask questions later). Well, for
many, the time has come, and now they are struggling with the
consequences of their choice.

Because we CAN'T know when life begins (anyone's definition will just be
a guess), I feel very hesitant about embryonic stem cell research.
However, I also feel strongly that if they are to be destroyed anyway,
they may as well "die" for a cause. I actually find the concept of
abortion much more difficult than this topic, as the embryos are much
further developed. However, there are actually valid considerations on
both sides of the abortion issue as well.

Wendy