Thank you Perry for your testimony and for representinig all of our hopes
and dreams for a cure so well.  Dr. Young asked the best person possible
to speak on behalf of the Parkinson's community. It was regetable that
your testimony was at the same time as many of our Hill visits were
scheduled, but you know you were in our thoughts even if we couldn't be
there physically.
Thanks also for all your efforts over these last nine years.
Linda Herman
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 06:17:35 -0500 Perry Cohen <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> I attended my 9th consecutive annual PD policy forum this week (In
> 2001
> PAN did not hold a forum but over 2 dozen people came anyhow, so Sid
> Levin organized housing and logistics and I orgnized a program,
> including talks by all Federal PD Programs and a visit to NIH labs).
> For me these are wonderful occassions to meet with old friends and
> new
> ones, to learn about the latest science, as well as to meet your
> represenatives (if you have them) in Congress. This year was no
> exception.  Discussions were lively and newcomers as well as
> old-timers
> came away satisfied and exhausted.
>
> Noteable among the events were:
> 1. The increasing emphasis on new Therapeutics development and
> clinical
> trials, which have been the emphasis of my work with PDF for the
> past 3+
> years
> 2.  Strong interest demonstrated by the new Director of NINDS who
> spent
> the entire day Sunday in the audience to learn with the rest of us.
> 3. Since I do not have voting representatives in Congress to visit
> Tuesday, I was particularly pleased to be invited by Dr. Anne Young,
> Chair of Neurology at Mass. General Hospital and President of the
> 34,000
> member Society for Neuroscience to testify before the Labor-HHS Sub
> committee of the House Appropriations Committee.
>
> Perry

http://appropriations.house.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressReleases.Detail
&PressRelease_id=361&Month=3&Year=2004