> By the way all governments do this sort of thing.  For example I find it
>
> > interesting that France would ban the importation of genetically cloned
> > food from the US like certain strains of corn or meat fed from that
corn
> > and at the same time not have a problem with cloning humans or research
> > for cloning humans.

 The issue with cloning of human embryos is essentially an ethical one and
 deciding on how to deal with embryos   not destined for propagation in the
 ordinary sense. This is not the case with genetically modified foods.
 The latter could be dangerous, spread disease or have other unforeseen
 consequences. These are hardly the consequences one worries about when
 dealing with human embryos.