California PD Registry Bill Gets First Hearing Tommorow - We Need Your Voice

Hi Everyone,

The first hearing on AB2248, which would establish a state Parkinson's disease registry in
California, will take place tomorrow in the Assembly Health Committee in Sacramento. If passed by
the legislature, it will put important new tools in the hands of scientists that will enable them to
tell for the first time the number of PWP in the country, whether incidence of the disease is
increasing, whether age of onset is decreasing, and will give them vital information regarding
suspected links between PD and exposure to chemicals and other envitronmental toxins.

Dr. William Langston and Dr. Caroline Tanner of the Parkinson's Institute in Sunnyvale have said
such a registry is the next step in unlocking the mysteries and finding a cure for our disease.

The bill has the endorsement of the Parkinson's Institute, The Michael J, Fox Foundation for
Parkinson's Research, several large support group networks such as the Penninsula Parkinson's
Support Group Network, the Sacramento Valley Parkinson's Association, the Sonoma County Parkinson's
Association, and the Southern California Office of the APDA. And the endorsements are just beginning
to roll in.

If you can attend the hearing on such short notice, we would love to see you there. But perhaps more
importantly, we need faxes and phone calls supporting the Registry to pour in before the hearing
begins tommorrow at 1:30.

You can fax the Health committee at Fax 916 319-2197, or you can call the Committee Staff to express
your support at Tel 916 - 319-2097.

It only takes a few minutes - but it could reduce the time-line to a cure  by years.

Thanks for your support of this vital measure. And if you can, pass this email to those on your
individual email lists.

Sincerely,

Greg Wasson
AJ Campbell