Raj, the problem is that "ethics" and "morals" are a matter of opinion.
Your idea of morals is to beg consideration of the breathing individual,
another's idea of morals makes it important to consider the unborn life.
You yourself stated that life is a continuous process.

I do not see the government's point of view as discompassionate - their
view is merely a different interpretation of compassion than your view.
Both parties try to press their point of view on the other side - the
door swings both ways. Each party fights for what they believe is
"right", neither side is evil, they are only in disagreement.

Wendy