Penny,
You have come to the right place to find answers, comfort and a lot of good
information mixed in with a little that you can take or leave.

Many of us have stories that sound a lot like yours. I too was diagnosed at
about 45 years old (I am now 52) and went thru much the same, test after test
and frightened about what it would be.  My Neuro too,  put me on sinemet and it
instantly made me a different person.  I don't know what I would do if I
didn't have my 'chemical cocktail' of sinemet, mirapex and a few other goodies for
cholesterol and sleep.  You will find (and read) that Parkinsons presents
itself to everyone in different ways.  We all have some similar symptoms but you
or I may have different ones also.  I hope you find this resource as useful as
I have and good luck be of good courage its a tough battle but we are all
fighting it together and I do believe they will find a cure.
Diane