In a message dated 4/10/04 2:02:07 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< The implication in the statement below was that women are excluded. This
would be an actively prejudicial process. >>

Not at all. I doubt very much that this is an active process, if active in
this context means conscious and deliberate -- on the contrary, articles I've
read seem to indicate that until recently the use of predominantly male subjects
in  studies generalized to the entire population was unconscious and
unexamined.

Kathleen

Kathleen