Carol,

I'm not sure this is addressed to me, but I will answer because I think I'm
the only one on list who posts who has had bilateral DBS.

It only helped my tremor, for which I am grateful.  PD meds don't work for me.

I had 2 brain surgeries, one to "redo" left brain because Dr. Waltz wasn't
satisfifed with placement of electrodes,

I came through the surgeries just great, except for vomiting afterward.  It
was weird having holes drilled in your head while awake and electrodes placed,
but it didn't hurt.  You have to have an iron "halo" screwed into your head to
hold it still for MRI and surgery

I had come to point where I hoped I would die in surgeries in June and
Sept/but sailed thru them, no infection, no stroke, etc, but my head still  hurts
where incisions in scalp were made.

People who respond to the PD meds seem to get more benefit than I did.  For
months I swore I wouldn't do it, but after being turned "off" last week, I'm
glad I don't shake so bad.  My left leg, which was the worst, didn't shake at
all when implant was turned off.  I have heard of people actually getting their
life back.  My voice was much better when turned OFF.  After reading material
from Medtronic, that (speaking difficulty) is a possible side effect, as  is
the double vision I have in one eye.
I guess you just don't know until you do it.

Hard to  kill, Ray