John Cottingham wrote:

"A week from next Saturday, the Parkinson's Unity Walk returns to
Central Park in New York City. I will be there among several others from
Parkinsn. I will be carrying the torch for Barbara Patterson!
       ....snip.....
I will be arriving at the Mayflower Hotel, on Thursday April 22nd for
those who would be inclined to visit over a beverage in the evenings.
This will be an opportunity to see and hug all of those I have chatted
and corresponded with over the last 10 years of Parkinsn.

If you can come and join us in a once in a lifetime experience, please
do. We will be waiting."

~~~~~~~

Well Mr John Cottingham,

I'll be there and I'm expecting a BIG HUG from you too !   This
will be my first time participating in a PD Unity Walk and already
it has been an incredible experience for me.

I joined on to my Cyber Brother Murray Charter's Team ...
"The Fidgety Feet".  I had the pleasure of meeting Murray
and his lovely wife Brenda just over a week ago at the PAN
Forum in Washington, DC and it was a dynomite experience
to meet someone who I have "known" on this list for 8 years
but never met. They are wonderful people and I know they
will be a special treat for you to meet too!

We have only *12 days* left before the walk, so those of you
who are still trying to decide if the trip will be worth it..
I'll tell you right now... IT IS !  Do yourself a favor and
sign up to walk, if you can't walk, come anyway and participate
in any way you can.

I don't have Parkinson's, my sister does. So I'll walk on behalf
of Murray, Edna, Stan, Judith, Art, Greg, Margaret, Joan, Janet,
Perry, Bill, Jerry, Greg, Corrine, Michael, Bob, Linda, Peggy,
Paula, Hilary, Ruth, Dennis, Rita, Anne, Phil, James, Jane,
Bernard, Nina, Barton, Don, Pat, Robert, Jerry, Michell, Carole,
Ivan, Ali, John Paul, Billy, Jim, Uncle Jessie...and so many
others I have met and love.

I'm walking on their behalf to raise awareness of their struggle
and to raise research funds to find a cure for this horrible
disease in time to help them all.

There is no time to procrastinate. We need an ALL OUT EFFORT
from everyone. This event quarentees 100% of ALL donations to
go towards medical research for the cure. This event's procedes
support ALL seven of the largest Parkinson's Organizations
[ APDA, NPF, PAN, PDF, MJFF, PA, and the PI].

To me this is unprecidented ! AND donations are TAX DEDUCTABLE!

This is a WIN - WIN situation for all Parkies and their loved one.

One thing I've learned is that the ones you think would donate
don't and the ones you don't necessarily expect to contribute
do ! So if you can't get to New York city for the walk, help
out a "registered walker" and go to your friends and neighbors
and and collect donations for this event !

Thanks for reading,
   Gail Vass