In a message dated 4/8/04 2:02:22 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I don't think there were any "good / bad guys" in the study. >>

I agree. My post was not about "bad guys"; it related to the exclusion of
women from scientific studies, which has been going on for a long time in many
areas. Many models of disease and health are based on information predominantly
about males. It is widely acknowledged, for instance, that there is a paucity
of understanding about cardiovascular disease in females, compared to what is
known about c.v. disease in males.

IMO, if you're only going to study males, you should say so, and not present
your findings (as this study title did) as applicable to all PWP.

Kathleen