> By the way all governments do this sort of thing.  For example I find it
> interesting that France would ban the importation of genetically cloned
> food from the US like certain strains of corn or meat fed from that corn
> and at the same time not have a problem with cloning humans or research for
> cloning humans.

I just want to correct this. I donīt know where you get your info but you
should check your sources: France is one of the countries that has been
dragging its feet about embryonic stem cells and has banned reproductive
cloning, as the french PD community could tell you.
 Also Europe (not just France), or letīs say
Europeans, are frightened of the unknown consequences of GMOs. Scientists once
told them it was OK to feed cows with meat leftovers. They would grow bigger
quicker.....well, this gave us mad cows.
Also, the US allows calves to be fed growth hormones to make them grow quicker
and europeans are also wary of hormone fed beef, for the same reason.
The bigger and faster method is not always the wisest. Fools rush in.....
can we go back to stem cells?

Maryse cg John 75,15
Maryse