> France, and I
> assume many other countries, have the majority who are wary of this.  If
> the majority were in favor it would quickly move ahead.

The EU is financing research on stem cells. If I remember correctly, the UK
and the scandinavian countries are the more advanced in that field and have
allowed it from the beginning. Germany, Italy and Spain were against it.
The US and the EU are not the only places where research takes place and Asia
seems to go ahead quickly.

 "The bigger and faster method is not always the
> wisest. Fools rush in....."

I was referring to GMOs.

 >the same can be said for stem cell research
> that uses embryo's.

I am certainly no expert but from what I have read, embryonic stem cells are
the ones  that give the best results regarding plasticity.

>  It is the "biggest" largest source
> of viable stem cells.

No. Skin  stem cells are easy to harvest and donīt present ethical questions
but apparently they donīt work so well.
Implantation of retinal cells seems a promising solution too but PD is not the
only disease involved.

As you say, it doesnīt really matter who finds the solution as long as one is
found. Also you donīt want  authorities to forbid people to use it if
available. I should have thought this decision should be made by the patient.
It is betweem him/her and his/her conscience.

Maryse cg John 75,15