Well said Ray.   Especially "All I know is I am tired of them deciding my fate while I wait and get worse."

Rayilyn Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Fellow PWP and CGs:

Chris Matthews recently interviewed a right-wing guy running against Arlen
Spector in PA and pressed him on what penalties should be enacted for women
who had abortions if Roe v. Wade was overturned. He couldn't come up with
anything, except penalizing doctors. Of course legislation has been proposed to
fine and jail us if we use therapies derived from stem cells. Matthews also
brought up war and the death penalty, which this guy thought were OK.

My CGs 2nd husband preaches "abstinence" for Bush Altho they are very
religious, she had an abortion with first husband when young - she could be a
former felon or lifer now if this had happened. Well not actually, as we don't
have ex post facto laws. My niece could be in jail or on death row.

But don't we really feel different about these women than we do Susan Smith
who drowned her 2 boys in her car in that lake and Andrea Yates who drowned her
five living children or not? Or the gal who had baby in rest room and went
back to prom?

I don't think the anti-stem cell people have even thought these abortion
issues through, (they do nothing about in vitro clinics with all those extra
embryos) so how can they be expected to understand stem cell research?

All I know is I am tired of them deciding my fate while I wait and get worse.

Pro-choice does not mean pro-abortion anyway. This issue has certainly
stymied SCNT therapeutic cloning and stem cell research.

Ray