On 16 Apr 2004 at 6:26, Jeff Bayard wrote:

> Both should be taught, although I see Darwin as less valid,
> but both should be taught a "theories", not fact.  Leave it up
> to the parents to instill their teachings to their own kids.

I really don't want to start another feud, but evolution is no longer a "theory"
it is mainstream science.  If someone wants to refuse to accept science, that is
fine, and anyone can have his/her faith; but don't confuse "belief" with
"science".  Public schools should teach science, not religion.

BTW, unless one reads the Bible literally (which some do, of course), the
Darwinian principles are quite compatible with Scripture.  Unless you believe
that the world was created in six twenty-four hour days.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"