ARTICLE: UK: Two Clapham residents whose lives have been touched by Parkinson's disease are taking on the London
Marathon this month to raise funds.

Tom Nichols was spurred by the diagnosis of his father, former Lord Mayor Sir Richard Nichols, with the disease four
years ago.

He said: "There have recently been great advancements in research and I was determined to do something to help speed
progress in finding a cure.

"I have to say my greatest worry hasn't been training or sponsorship but the birth of our first baby. The marathon is
on April 18 and our baby is due on April 23. Fingers crossed our baby doesn't arrive early."

Naomi Rounsefell will run the great race for the first time this year, and chose the Parkinson's Disease Society
because she had seen the support it provided her family when both her grandfathers suffered the condition.

To sponsor either Tom or Naomi, go to http://www.justgiving.com/Tom4PDS or http://www.justgiving.com/sponsoringnaomi ,
or call 020 7932 1342.

11:04am Tuesday 13th April 2004

SOURCE: Streatham Guardian, UK