On 18 Apr 2004 at 9:52, Gary L Peskin wrote:

> Just to set the record straight, I'm not sure what you call the "early
> days", Dr. Fink.  This happened way back on Wednesday, August 11,
> 1999. It was then that the Kansas Board of Education, by a vote of 6
> to 4, decided to "reject evolution as a scientific principle" and
> remove it from the state science curriculum for grades K throught 12.
>
> Luckily, this moronic approach was overturned in February of 2001
> following elections the prior November in which two of the key people
> voting for the proposal were defeated and replaced by more reasonable
> people.
>
> Gary

Wow, I didn't think that such things still happened in the modern Midwest.  I
stand corrected.  At least, the Kansans "fixed" things.....

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"