Hi Lisa,
I'm 46 and was Dx 6 years ago.  I no longer work(as a teacher) and am an
at-home dad for my two boys, ages 12 and 14.  I've never taken Mirapex but I
think it's like a drug I take, Requip, which helps your brain do a better
job of using the dopamine that is available.  I also take sinemet and
Comtan.  As far as meeting it head on, I agree that is the way to go.  My
wife and I have always tried to look at this situation with a sense of humor
and that helps too.  I've been off work for a year now and there are some
new issues cropping up that I suppose we should have guessed were lurking
out there.  Along with the physical changes I'm going through, having a
harder time helping around the house and doing personal care activities, you
can add in some caregiver issues.  My wife has been a rock, always positive,
supportive and there for me.  Sometimes though, she gets perturbed that I
haven't done more house stuff, since I am home all day alone.  Why should
she have to cook after working all day?  Then she feels guilty for feeling
that way.  Obviously, even meeting Parkinson's head on leaves some areas
where PD will mess with you in ways you never imagined.  All I can say is
work together and keep the lines of communication open so that you can help
each other.  Take time for yourself too, because your husband will need you
and burn out is a real possibility.   Good luck

Scott
Stockton CA