In a message dated 4/17/2004 11:02:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
BTW, unless one reads the Bible literally (which some do, of course), the
Darwinian principles are quite compatible with Scripture.  Unless you believe
that the world was created in six twenty-four hour days.
***
I've always wondered what the big deal is between the two.  If God created
the world in 6 days, I seriously doubt that he was using one of our clocks.  His
days could be millions of years long.  I've always thought that the two
'stories' sort of dovetail together nicely and this is how I have explained it to
my own children.

Carrie